Thursday, April 26, 2007

I need a Camera

Well I arrived in Milano yesterday for a calibration workshop for ATLAS. I took the train, reflecting on how it is probably the most civilized available mode of locomotion. Next to the Geneva train station I found a comic shop displaying Magic(TM) cards, which made come to the happy realization that there are nerd everywhere. Finally I can feel at home in Geneva.

After that pleasent experiance I had to play a bit og dodge the heroin addict at the train platform while waiting for the train. After that I was off to a very enjoyable train ride though the Swiss and then Italian countryside.

After about 4 hrs of riding the train I arrived at Milano Centrale, about 30 minutes walk from the downtown area. That walk I did with my supervisor Michel and our man at CERN Damir after locating our hotel by the train station. We found the the Duomo cathedral ... they don't build churches like that anymore. Poster that, there is one being build in Barcelona ;)

After that we went to see the Castello Sforzesco a big keep just outside the center of Milano. Sadly it was closed when we got into the keep, so we were forced to duck out to the park behind the castle. Here we found out that the reason all the shops were closed was that it was Liberation day in Italy, so everyone was in the park and nobody at work. I also had a chance to interact with a few girls who were wondering where I was from. It appears they were dissapointed to find out I am from Canada ... maybe they were hoping I was from somewhere more excotic? Norway maybe? Cause Norway is fsckin' Metal.

Anyway I better get back to listening to the workshop discussion. Apparently nobody is motivated enough to analyze testbeam data.

No comments:

Post a Comment