Thursday, May 19, 2005

To wash or not to wash

A week after arriving in Japan I ran out of clean undies. This forced me to find some laundry machines. Well here is what I found:

Check out the high res version.
Ok, lots of shiny buttons pressed in the right combination will give me clean laundry ... after some playing I found out that this machine not only washes but also dries the laundry! We need these at SJC. Not three but only two trips to the laundry room ... except that the driers are horribly underpowered, so it's usually necessary to take the laundry for an extra spin. This is quite easy, once you figure out how to isolate the drying cycle.
Anyway after some pushing buttons at random I now have clean clothes. Booya!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous14:58

    Yo,

    You should have been warned about the drying power or lack thereof. Try the saltwater function on that machine. It has button like this: 塩水. Maybe it will give you a fresh, seaweed scent. Hope your detergent lived up to its promise of super white clothes.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is it bleach that i picked up? Well my clothes smell clean, and look kinds clean ...
    I will have to try out the saltwater setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why arnt you using Mr Sparkle. It has "Awesome Power"

    ReplyDelete