Saturday, May 28, 2005

Back amoung the living!

Finally! No more night shift. After the last two weeks I have decided that I do not want to be a Vampire ever. Even though I spend most of my time sitting in front of my computer I still require sunlight.

I forced myself back to a diurnal schedule yesterday by staying awake for like 30-some odd hours. In the last 10 hour stretch I kept myself awake my playing World of Warcraft. My hunter is now level 46. w00t! Either way I am sitting in the control room enjoying this:


And three of our Japanese collaborators walk in. Talk about first impressions! They definitely know me for who I am now :)

Well the following episode of sleep was high in the competition for best sleep ever, this morning I awoke at 5am. Since I could not go back to sleep I went for a run around the accelerator. Fed the two stray cats that seem to have chosen K2K as home and then had a delicious breakfast at work, right after fixing the DAQ (which had broken down over night). This has one advantage: I need to take about 6hrs of continuous data ... which makes exactly for the lazy kind of Saturday morning I have been craving!

I'll try to be a little more frequent with my blog entries now that I am on an acceptable schedule again.

2 comments:

  1. If I remember correctly, you're no stranger to those no sleep marathons, though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true, but this time I had no deadline the next morning ;)

    ReplyDelete