Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Long Time No Post

It's been a busy few weeks, I have a lot of data to analyze so I can finally start writing my masters thesis. On top of that I started worrying about what to do for my PhD, and have concluded that I am totally undecided on this subject. I am feeling tempted to do another masters or try this 'job' thing for a while.

On the "social life" side of things the return to Vancouver has been very nice. It feels good to be back in action at SJC putting on movies, enjoying cartoon-filled weekends and gaming whenever I find the time.

My friend Shawn had found a free 14 day trial of this MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) that let's you play as a superhero. The ability to modify your character in this game is just amazing (I hope my character at least kind of looks right). Of course the game did get into trouble with Marvel since a lot of players imitated their favorite superhero in the game. Following that they started erasing characters that closely resemble any copyrighted material; luckily my character has not been deleted yet. How good is my modeling? How obvious is it what this character is based on?




No comments:

Post a Comment