Monday, June 20, 2005

Back in Vancouver

After a very busy but fun trip to Japan I am back in Vancouver. WeI left KEK (the research facility I was staying at) around noon. We had some lunch in Tsukuba before taking the bus to Narita Airport. There we finally boarded our flight and headed beack home at about 5pm. I got me some good duty free liquor at the Airport too :)

During the flight i finished reading "The Face" by Dean Koontz. A quite creepy antagonist, but aside from that a marginally allright book. Good enough to keep you reading but not to get you truely absorbed in the story.

Shawn picked me up at the Vancouver airport on Sunday morning. Big thanks man, I was in no shape to bus back home. I was slightly intrigued by hearing Nena's "99 Red Ballons" (If I remeber correctly we listend to the English, not the German version) since it seemed to fall somewhat outside our general Heavy Metal/Punk Rock cuisine of music. But hey it's retro so I didn't think too much by it. Hence I was pleaently suprised by finding my closet filled with 99 red ballons supplyed by Aleks, Shawn, Calum and Parie (I hope I included everyone involved). Thank you guys for the welcome home. That was awsome! Here is a shot Aleks took when I found the ballons, too bad I was turning my back to the camera, so he did not get the look on my face, which must have been pretty funny :)



Afterward we had the Anime movie night, also great fun. We whateched Neko no Ongaeshi (The Cat Returns) a fun little anime. Wierd, but I enjoyed it either way. Amber braught some pie to share during the movie, damn that pumpkin pie was good. Thank you Amber, you're best!

Tonight (in case you were wondering where I was) I went to visit Lauren and Jason, two friends of mine living in Surry. They are both working at The Keg, in Surry relatively close to the Surry Central Skytrain station. I had what must have been the best steak of my life after, especially beiing beef-deprived for about two months. Damn that was good! Thank you guys for having me over :)

5 comments:

  1. You are incorrect, it was the german version of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of German songs, please explain this abomination:
    http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2433520&htv=12&htv=12&htv=12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that you're back in Vancouver! I'm still bummed that I missed you when I was up there. I'll have to visit again, though after all the travelling and moving I've been doing lately, I'm not really feeling like embarking on any long trips very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the balloons must have been fun. Great idea, whoever was responsible for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous18:15

    Return of the cat is an awsome anime. There is another anime before it, telling the story of how the Baron came to be. Kinda mushy and chick-flikish, but cool.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete