Saturday, June 04, 2005

Good reading.

So yesterday I finished a thick historical novel (The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett). One of the guys that were here for the robot arm setup (Keith) left me the novel. It was a rather enjoyable side step from my usual litirary cusine of Fantasy, Sci-Fi and physics text books. The first half of the book had me enthralled, but the second half got a little repeticious. The end was quite good again though, and it felt good to se the main antagonist hang, altough I would rather much have liked to see him burn.
Along the lines of book I don't usually read: today I read Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea. And excellent read, and short (took me about 2.5 hrs this evening). Now I feel inclined to read For Whom the Bell Tolls, just to see if it's as good as the song :)

No comments:

Post a Comment