Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Breakfast at Maude Hunters

So for the second installment of breakfast in Victoria I visited Maude Hunters Along Shelburne just be Cedar Hill X here. As you can see on the map the pub is quite close to the UVic campus also making it a prime location for a lunchtime getaway. The easiest way to get to the pub by bus is to take the 26 from my place to Shelburne and McKenzie, then take the 27 or the 28 down along Shalburne to Cedar Hill X (there is a bus stop right next to the pub), look for the Maude Hunters sign:

I had to squish in between a couple of tables to find a comfy spot along a bench inside. Afterwards I realized that the pub also had a little patio. Once seated a pretty little waitress delivered me ye ol' breakfast menu. I was trying to make up my mind between the steak and eggs and the three piece French toast with blueberries when the guy next to me got his excellent looking Eggs Benedict. It seems that is what fate had in store for me for the day, and I very much enjoyed my southwestern style Eggs Benedict (from their selection of about six different styles). Every time my coffee got close to running out I was offered refills, which had me full to my content with coffee. To round it all off I had a pint of Killkenny's, from the tap. To surmise then the good points speaking for Maud Hunters:

  • Pretty waitresses, that seem to pay good attention to you (they are also seemed chatty, which was a nice bonus since I was sitting at my table all alone)

  • Great Eggs Benedict

  • Killkenny's, a selection of the local Vancouver Island beer and, to Shawn's delight, Strongbow on tap

  • It's right next to the Great Ocean Adventures dive shop (where I purchased a mask/snorkel combo before breakfast)

Bad sides (i had to work on these):

  • Controversial to their website's ad, they do not open until 11:30am (which is why I went to the dive shop first btw.)

  • Close location to the UVic campus may make me an alcoholic ... who am I kidding I already am one.


4 comments:

  1. We want go there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I like the place and it is relatively easy to get to. However there are many pub yet that need exploring!

    The remaining question then is: when are you two coming over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plan for now is 1st week July . Cos it's my birthday week!!!
    Muahahah. Hopefully my cousin will be gone by then. She is apparently coming over in June. Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good plan. I'm looking forward to it ... Did I mention it is a really nice walk from my place to the Swans? Or Spinnakers? Or the Sticky Wicket? Ahh, good times shall be had.

    ReplyDelete