Thursday, May 25, 2006

Breakfast at Floyd's

Last week my housemate Alisa's brother told us about this nice breakfast spot called Floyd's, a diner at Quadra and Yates. I was undecided between getting the "Lumberjack" and "Mt Kilimanjaro". The waitress told me to get the Mt Kilimanjaro "don't even think about it twice" I believe she said. I must say that I was quite happy with my order, which consisted of a mountain of whipped cream on top of French toast with a clear treeline of Blueberries, raspberries, and Almonds. The sauce that came with it mixed quite well with the readily supplied maple syrup. I still dream of that dish, damn it was good.

The Lumberjack is two of each toast, egg sausage, bacon and ham together with some pancakes. Their description was: "After this meal you will either want to build something or go for a nap." ... Maybe next time.

Alisa had a entree called "Listen when I am talking to you son." It seemed similar to the breakfast no. 2 at the OnlyU.

And, yes the diner is pink.

3 comments:

  1. Kickass degrees of coolness. We will have to go there. I think I'll go for Lumberjack. or the brek no.2 lookalike. Scoff all you want but I am not that much of a french toast fan. Then again, I am open for conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess the lumberjack would be like a addition of one no.2 breakfast with toast and one with pancakes.

    Yeah after the second Mt Kilimanjaro I french toasted myself out for a while as well. Plus I am pretty sure I am now developing diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diabetes, you europeans just cant handel your sweets. Why when i was young i live for an entore week on condensed sugar. Mead me a better person for it.

    ReplyDelete