Monday, May 15, 2006

Breakfast: Jon's Place

So End of April I had to move to Victoria from my good old home St John's, UBC. Shawn was so nice to drive me down here, under the condition that we go diving ... and so we did. Shawn has some great pictures from our dive up at his website.

Before we went diving however we needed breakfast. We had been staying at a hotel, so I asked one o the receptionists where a good place for some breaky would be. "Well," she said "you should check out John's place at Douglas and Pendorra". Then she proceeded to show me on a map where John's Place was.

We proceeded there, where I had a big juicy omelette, and Shawn had more French toast then he could handle. And coffee too. Aside from excellent food it sports a comfortable 50's diner vibe, similar to to Sunshine Diner in Vancouver. A great place for breakfast, I shall keep it in mind for future brunch dates. I will also go there again and get a few pictures to throw up here.


7 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm.....French Toast......

    *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calum04:33

    You're off to a good start with the breakfast bit frank but what of the pubs? What of the pubs????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working on it ... I need to play WoW as well after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Yes, you do! And you need to come back to Norgannon soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Calum's lament and exhortation. But I see you have since found a nice pub...muahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That place kicked so much ass. I want to go back there next time im in victoria. Wait that is next week. kick ass.

    And we have started getting back to our undead character. I would like to say is was all franks fault. Him and wanting to finish his thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe ... well I'll be back to it as soon as I am done with my advanced diver course. That will take a chunk out of this weekend.

    I have just learned about another good diner-style place for breakfast. It's called Floyd's, and is down by Quadra and Yates. But John's place sounds good to me too :)

    ReplyDelete